As a Warehouse Associate, you will move pallets and other products and materials around a warehouse and may carry product to supply production areas. You must be dependable, responsible and able to work at a fast pace while always being able to occupy yourself with new tasks as needed. You must also be a team player with a solid work ethic who is always prompt, on time and committed to maintaining consistent work attendance. Depending upon your experience you may be assigned to operate sit-down, stand-up, clamp or reach forklifts.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to packing slips provided.
- Count items to ensure that the correct number have been received.
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse.
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner.
- Record damaged items according to company policies.
- Verify that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment.
- Accurately updates inventory information.
- Visually monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to Purchasing Manager and others as necessary.
- Cycle count inventory according to established guidelines and assist with developing actions to correct inventory problems.
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to move pallets to proper locations and load and unload freight trucks as necessary.
- Pick orders and prepares packages as needed for shipment prior to or by required date.
- Accurately creates shipments by verifying information through counts, weights, or measurements of outgoing items against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Monitors inventory levels in area of responsibility and creates replenishment requests as needed.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness in area of responsibility.
- Work assigned schedule
- Comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Procedures and timekeeping policy.
- Good, clear visual ability
- Ability to lift 50 – 110 pounds
- High attention to details.
- Able to work with a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Well organized.
- Basic Math Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a spice production environment. Employee may be exposed to strong dust or odors. Employee may be required to work in a dusty environment at times. Employee must NOT be allergic to nuts, spices or herbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 – 110lbs. Employee will be standing for long periods of time, bending and walking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
PositionType/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience:
Experience operating a stand up Hyster, forklift, and electric pallet jack for the same company for at least 6-12 consecutive months>
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply online by clicking the link above and feel free to add your resume and cover letter below, but you will still need to fill out the application online or download the application found on the careers page and email it to our HR manager.
Human Resources Administrator
Office: (512) 272-5621, ext 302
Fax: (512) 272-9035