The delivery driver position is expected to work as a valued member of the Logistics department. This job will primarily consist of local vehicle operations. On occasion, the deliveries will be required throughout the region.
Open Until Filled
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate company-owned trucks and/or vans to facilitate Logistics and receiving operations.
- Work assigned schedule.
- Comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Procedures and timekeeping policy.
- Operate trucks and/or vans for the delivery, pickup and relocation of products.
- Perform required before-, during- and after-operation “user maintenance” and report hazardous conditions.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Technical Capacity.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a spice production environment. Employee may be exposed to strong dust or odors. Employee may be required to work in a dusty environment at times. Employee must NOT be allergic to nuts, spices or herbs.
This position is performed in outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, varied hours dependent on need of the company.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1 or more year(s) of experience as delivery driver.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply online by clicking the link above and feel free to add your resume and cover letter below, but you will still need to fill out the application online or download the application found on the careers page and email it to our HR manager.
Human Resources Administrator
Office: (512) 272-5621, ext 302
Fax: (512) 272-9035