Provide unparalleled service to our customers by developing custom and in-house blended products. This position will create the concept for new products, oversee product testing, Quality Assurance and assist in marketing.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work assigned schedule
- Comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Procedures and timekeeping policy.
- Manage new blend product development projects and assist in setting specifications to include sourcing/qualifying ingredients, establishing machinery requirements, determining manufacturing processes for new products, creation of nutrition facts and product profiles.
- Assist operations/production in new product start up to include creation of specification sheets and cost analysis of product
- Observe processes on production floor to ensure products are being manufactured according to company standards
- Assist in the review and approval of sample lots
- Provide new product specifications to Regulatory, Sales, QA and Purchasing
- Develop cooking and reheating instructions for all retail packaging
- Coordinate, produce, inventory and ship buyer samples
- Organize ingredient inventory and request the necessary ingredients for research projects
- Manage and execute production sample evaluations
- Continuously strive to improve quality of our current product formulations
- Know, adhere to and enforce all GMP’s
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in MS Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact with employees in a professional manner, including under stressful situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and organize a large volume of information in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a spice production environment. Employee may be exposed to strong dust or odors. Employee may be required to work in a dusty environment at times. Employee must NOT be allergic to nuts, spices or herbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 – 110lbs. Employee will be standing for long periods of time, bending and walking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
PositionType/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position with flexible hours and days of the week. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Seven to ten years’ previous experience within the culinary field.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Culinary degree preferred with concentration in food science / R&D.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply online by clicking the link above and feel free to add your resume and cover letter below, but you will still need to fill out the application online or download the application found on the careers page and email it to our HR manager.
Human Resources Administrator
Office: (512) 272-5621, ext 302
Fax: (512) 272-9035