The Sales Representative sells and services new and existing accounts. The position is also responsible for performing sales travel and service functions for targeted markets, programs and sales goals as assigned.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs the functions of a Sales Representative to include initiating and following up with to sell or resolve problems, answer questions and correspondence, and complete reports.
- Work assigned schedule
- Comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Procedures and timekeeping policy.
- Meet or exceed specific sales performance goals on a monthly, quarterly and/or yearly basis.
- Responsible for delivering customer orders when needed.
- Prepares, processes, reviews and monitors various documents such as contracts and other documents.
- Contacts current and a pre-designated number of prospective customers to sell and explain products, perform account rounding and solicit new business within the market area on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- Prepares weekly status detail reports for contact with current and prospective customers.
- Prepares and presents proposals and quotes and recommends products based on customer needs.
- Assists customers and arranges payment terms in accordance with established guidelines.
- Performs in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Collects delinquent accounts on agency-billed policies.
- Prepares and calculates product sales, invoicing, commissions and other accounting-related functions.
- Creates and maintains computer files and suspense for follow-up action.
- Provides advisory support and assistance to the department supervisor as needed.
- Attends sales seminars, sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends and regulations in the marketplace.
- Provides administrative assistance and support.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- High school diploma or GED diploma and two to three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree.
- Sales experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply online by clicking the link above and feel free to add your resume and cover letter below, but you will still need to fill out the application online or download the application found on the careers page and email it to our HR Administrator.
Human Resources Administrator
Office: (512) 272-5621, ext 302
Fax: (512) 272-9035