Job Summary:The Spice Production Assistant duties include fulfilling customer orders of spices and assisting department leads with other essential functions.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for re-packaging spices in containers or bags depending on order requirements.
- Refilling the morning totes used to complete customer orders.
- Assist with maintaining back stock area.
- Work assigned schedule
- Comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Procedures and timekeeping policy.
- Ability to read and complete simple blends.
- Responsible for properly maintaining assigned back stock area.
- May be assigned projects that must be completed from start-finish with little to no supervision, to include, but not limited to staging orders and palletizing.
- May assist with deliveries to customers as needed.
- May cross train in different departments to fill in during the absences of other employees.
- May operate pallet jack, hand trucks and blenders.
- Keep workstation cleaned and organized throughout the day. Help with cleaning packing floor at the end of day, weekly and monthly as directed for food safety purposes.
- Work closely with other team members and help as needed or instructed.
- Lift 50-pound boxes of products throughout the day in different environments.
- Help with fulfillment production needs. Fill and seal bags using auger fillers and band/hand sealers.
This job operates in a spice production environment. Employee may be exposed to strong dust or odors. Employee may be required to work in a dusty environment at times. Employee must NOT be allergic to nuts, spices or herbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 to 60lbs. Employee will be standing for long periods of time, bending and walking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Minimum Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent preferred.
• Minimum Experience: One (1) year of job-related experience preferred or food handling certificate.
- Must perform general physical activities.
- Must possess basic knowledge of the language and terminologies used in this occupation.
- Must possess the ability to receive and follow direction.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be to work on time and have dependable transportation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please apply online by clicking the link above and feel free to add your resume and cover letter below, but you will still need to fill out the application online or download the application found on the careers page and email it to our HR manager.
Human Resources Administrator
Office: (512) 272-5621, ext 302
Fax: (512) 272-9035