Shipping Clerk/Material Hander
The Shipping Assistant is responsible for assisting the Shipping Manager with day-to-day operations of the department.
- Tracks delivery progress of shipments.
- Estimates freight or postal rates and records shipment costs and weights.
- Keeps records of all goods shipped, received, and stored.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Work assigned schedule
- Comply with the company’s Personnel Policies and Procedures, Safety Procedures and timekeeping policy.
- Must BE able to lift and move 50+ lbs.
- Must NOT be allergic to nuts, spices or herbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bending and walking.
- Must not be sensitive to strong dust or odors.
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment at times.
- Enters shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Assist Production Department with large commercial orders.
- Assist with loading delivery vehicles.
- Stage orders for delivery for the next day.
- Cross train for Central Market personnel.
- Cross train for Label Production with Production Department.
- Creates shipping labels and handles shipping information.
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to move pallets to proper locations and load and unload freight trucks as necessary.
- Pick orders and prepares packages as needed for shipment prior to or by required date.
- Accurately creates shipments by verifying information through counts, weights, or measurements of outgoing items against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Monitors inventory levels in area of responsibility and creates replenishment requests as needed.
- Utilize UPS Worldship for shipping and tracking packages.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Organizes and maintains cleanliness in area of responsibility.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a spice production environment. Employee may be exposed to strong dust or odors. Employee may be required to work in a dusty environment at times. Employee must NOT be allergic to nuts, spices or herbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50+ lbs. Employee will be standing for long periods of time, bending and walking. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience as a shipping clerk
- Certification: Electric Pallet Jack Certification
- Service orientation
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Problem solving
- Able to lift 50 + lbs.
- Knowledge of UPS World Ship.
- Willingness to, bend, stoop, lift and move objects.
- Can work in a dusty and dirty environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please apply online by clicking the link above, but you will still need to fill out a Background check form, found on the careers page and email it to our HR Administrator.
Human Resources Administrator
Office: (512) 272-5621, ext 302
Fax: (512) 272-9035